MISSION. The CJ3 Foundation is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit public charity organization serving our Nation’s wounded heroes – Wounded/Disabled U.S. Military Service Members, Veterans, Law Enforcement, Firefighters, and Emergency/First Responders.
PURPOSE. The CJ3 Foundation provides services, support, and advocacy to U.S. Military Service Members, Veterans/Disabled Veterans, Law Enforcement, Firefighters, and Emergency/First Responders who need/require assistance, and then connects them with resources and programs designed to meet their unique set of needs. The CJ3 Foundation assists them with resources and programs designed to meet their unique set of needs. The CJ3 Foundation assists them in finding both the means and opportunities to holistically improve their life outlook and reconnect with the communities they selflessly chose to serve. The CJ3 Foundation achieves this goal through a combination of advocacy for supported individuals and those specialty organizations best suited to assist these individuals, and lobbying efforts that advocate for the creation of legislation to better assist these individuals.
LOGO. The CJ3 Foundation Logo consists of an American Flag with a green, blue, and red stripe and the letters CJ3 Foundation below the flag.
- “American Flag” – We at the CJ3 Foundation believe in this great country, the United States of America, and are proud of those who have selflessly served and sacrifice for it.
- “Green Stripe” – Represents U.S. Military Service Members and Veterans/Disabled Veterans.
- “Blue Stripe” – Represents Law Enforcement.
- “Red Stripe” – Represents Firefighters and Emergency/First Responders.
- “C” (Combined) – The CJ3 Foundation enlists and incorporates a network of support and services from multiple partner agencies and organizations (federal, state, local governments; private and commercial sectors; charity and advocacy groups) to provide combined and unified assistance to those in need.
- “J” (Joint) – In the military, ‘J’ represents activities, operations, and organizations in which multiple elements participate. Hence, it represents the diverse group the CJ3 Foundation supports…our U.S. Military, Veterans/Disabled Veterans, Law Enforcement, Firefighters, and Emergency/First Responders.
- “3” (Operations) – In the military, the ‘3 Shop’ denotes support, planning, coordination, and operations. The CJ3 Foundation embraces this ‘3 Shop’ concept as it is representative of our role when providing services, support, and advocacy to those in need.
- “Foundation” – A 501(c)(3) nonprofit public charity organization that engages in charitable activities.
INITIATIVES. The CJ3 Foundation accomplishes its mission by focusing on three primary CJ3 Initiatives.
- CJ3 SERVICE DOGS. The CJ3 Foundation provides certified, trained, service dogs of the highest quality at no cost to disabled American Heroes in order to help restore their physical and emotional independence, thereby empower these wounded men/women to return to life with dignity and independence. The CJ3 Foundation works with Jessiffany Canine Services, LLC, a phenomenal partner that specializes in the sourcing and training of social, imported, highly trained service dogs from Europe, importing the world’s best Belgian Malinois, German Shepherds, and Dutch Shepherds that are selected and trained to meet the specific needs of each our recipients. The service dogs directly enable our recipients to overcome physical and/or mental impairments that substantially limits one or more major life activities. Our service dog recipients are ultimately able to return to their communities with a new “leash” on life as a productive citizens who make a positive difference.
- CJ3 MENTAL HEALTH & WELLNESS. The CJ3 Foundation provides mental health and wellness services at no cost to the disabled American Heroes we support through intensive therapy sessions with a licensed clinical Psychologist. The CJ3 Foundation works with Dr. Rebecca A. Thomas, PsyD, a compassionate, professional, and wonderful partner who has been working towards a holistic and integrative approach for many years. The only way to achieve optimal health is to address the whole system; mind, body, and spirit. We are not making claims that we will ‘fix him/her’ or ‘heal him/her’. What we are offering some essential tools that will get the recipients on the road toward wholeness and recovery. We are providing recipients with additional ‘ tools for their toolbox’/’gear for their rucksacks’!
- CJ3 ADVOCACY. The CJ3 Foundation provides advocacy services at no cost to the disabled American Heroes we support. This activity consists of CJ3 Foundation’s efforts to influences changes in policy and legislation that adversely effects our wounded hero brothers and sisters. The CJ3 Foundation provides a forum to formalize our advocacy efforts for these groups on issues of concern; whether it is a policy change or a legislative change required. The CJ3 Foundation builds upon this by engaging legislators and their staff to advocate for changes in policy and legislation that adversely effects our constituents. On a smaller level, but no less important, the CJ3 Foundation advocates on behalf of our recipients with referrals for service and/or support to other organizations/agencies established to adequately address/help with specific recipient issues/requirements.
Eric D. Thomas