VETERANS REFERRING VETERANS, LLC
(a Colorado limited liability company)
EUROPEAN UNION GENERAL DATA PROTECTION REGULATION PRIVACY NOTICE
The European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) is a data privacy law that applies to personal information collected in or from the European Union and European Economic Area. Veterans Referring Veterans, LLC, a Colorado limited liability company (“VRV” and sometimes referred to as “we” or “our”), is committed to safeguarding the privacy of personal information, including compliance with the GDPR.
This Privacy Notice outlines the collection, use, and disclosure of personal information provided to VRV by individuals (hereinafter “Information Providers”) including but not limited to customers, consumers, and visitors to our Site, as well as Service Providers and their employees, officers, directors, managers, owners, shareholders, investors, partners, and agents and other advisors.
When information is submitted to VRV or you use VRV’s websites and other electronic data services, you consent to the collection, use, and disclosure of that information as described in this Privacy Notice.
1. Definition of Important Terms
VRV may use, collect, and/or disclose “Information” and “Sensitive Information” for its legitimate business purposes.
As used herein, “Information” refers to all personal data, excluding Sensitive Information, concerning a natural person, created by or provided to VRV by or about an Information Provider.
“Sensitive Information,” as used herein, is Information about an Information Provider’s race, gender, ethnic origin, religious affiliation, health data, and criminal convictions.
2. VRV Use of Information
VRV collects, processes, and discloses Information and Sensitive Information from and about Information Providers only as necessary in the exercise of VRV’s legitimate interests, functions, and responsibilities as a private on-line resource for veterans seeking veteran owned businesses to engage in commercial enterprise, and reviews and analysis of the services provided by each.
- VRV collects, processes, and may disclose Information and Sensitive Information from and about Information Providers who are active on VRV’s site or for statistical purposes.
- VRV uses Information and Sensitive Information to conduct general demographic and statistical research to improve VRV products and services.
- Information and Sensitive Information may be shared by VRV with third parties who have entered into contracts with VRV to perform functions on behalf of VRV, subject to the obligation of confidentiality and safeguarding from unauthorized disclosure.
3. Third Party Use of Sensitive Information
VRV may disclose your Sensitive Information and other Information as follows:
- Consent: We may disclose Sensitive Information and other Information if we have your consent to do so.
- Emergency Circumstances: We may share your Information and Sensitive Information when necessary to protect your interests and you are physically or legally incapable of providing consent.
- Public Information: We may share your Information and Sensitive Information if you have manifestly made it public.
- Archiving: We may share your Information and Sensitive Information for archiving purposes in the public interest and for historical research and statistical purposes.
- Performance of a Contract: We may share your Information when necessary to administer a contract you have with VRV.
- Legal Obligation: We may share your Information when the disclosure is required or permitted by international, federal, and state laws and regulations.
- Service Providers: We use third parties who have entered into a contract with VRV to support the administration of VRV services and policies. In such cases, we share your Information with such third parties subject to the imposition of appropriate safeguards to prevent further unauthorized disclosure.
VRV implements appropriate technical and organizational security measures to protect your information when you transmit it to VRV and when we store it on our information technology systems.
4. Retention and Destruction of Your Information
Your information will be retained by VRV in accordance with applicable federal and state laws and regulations. Your information will be destroyed upon your request unless applicable law requires destruction after the expiration of an applicable retention period. The manner of destruction shall be appropriate to preserve and ensure the confidentiality of your information given the level of sensitivity, value, and criticality to VRV.
5. Your Rights
You have the right to request access to, a copy of, rectification, restriction in the use of, or erasure of your information in accordance with all applicable laws. The erasure of your information shall be subject to the retention periods of applicable federal and state laws and regulations. If you have provided consent to the use of your information, you have the right to withdraw consent without affecting the lawfulness of VRV’s use of the information prior to receipt of your request.
You may exercise these rights by contacting Veterans Referring Veterans, LLC, P.O. BOX 62186 Colorado Springs, Co 80962.
Information created in the European Union will be transferred out of the European Union to VRV. If you believe VRV has not complied with applicable foreign laws regulating such information, you have the right to file a complaint with the appropriate supervisory authority in the European Union.
6. Updates to This Notice
We may update or change this notice at any time. Your continued use of VRV’s website and third-party applications after any such change indicates your acceptance of these changes.