VETERANS REFERRING VETERANS, LLC (a Colorado limited liability company)
SERVICE PROVIDER’S USER AGREEMENT
The Date of this Service Provider’s User Agreement is 28 September, 2018.
Veterans Referring Veterans, LLC (“VRV” herein and sometimes referred to as “we” and “our”) allows consumers of VRV (collectively, the “Consumers”) to provide reviews and ratings on a variety of service companies and health-related providers (collectively, a “Service Provider”) with whom they have had first-hand experiences. On behalf, and as representative, of a Service Provider (“You” or “Company”), You are permitted to use the website (www.veteransreferringveterans.com) (the “Website”) and the information contained therein subject to the terms and conditions contained in this Service Provider’s User Agreement, which may be modified, amended, or replaced by VRV from time to time at VRV’s sole discretion (collectively, the “Agreement”). Such modifications will become effective immediately upon the posting thereof. This Agreement shall also govern other aspects of Your relationship with VRV beyond Your use of the Website, as described herein.
In consideration of VRV granting the Company access to its Website and the information contained therein, and in order to use the Website, You must read and accept all of the Terms and Conditions in, and linked to, this Agreement. It is the Company’s responsibility to review this Agreement on a
regular basis to keep itself informed of any modifications. BY ACCEPTING THE TERMS AND
CONDITIONS OF THIS AGREEMENT, THE COMPANY ACKNOWLEDGES IT HAS
READ, UNDERSTANDS, AND AGREES TO BE BOUND BY ALL OF THE TERMS, CONDITIONS, AND NOTICES CONTAINED IN THIS AGREEMENT JUST AS IF YOU HAD SIGNED THIS AGREEMENT.
Terms and Conditions
- Consumers may submit a review or report and other information (collectively, “Consumer Content”) on any Service Provider with which they have communicated or had another first-hand experience, whether or not work was started, performed, or completed. If the Company disputes any Consumer Content, the Company’s sole course of action with respect to such Consumer Content as it relates to VRV and the Website is to use the Services (as defined below) which are available online at the Website.
- By agreeing to the Terms and Conditions of this Agreement, the Company is hereby permitted to use the services offered to Service Providers including, without limitation, the ability to review Consumer Content pertaining to the Company, the ability to submit responses to Consumer Content, the ability to update and maintain profile information on the Company, the ability to use the dispute resolution process offered through the Website and facilitated by VRV and such other services that VRV may offer to Service Providers from time to time (collectively, the “Services”).
- Notwithstanding the foregoing, the Company acknowledges and agrees that it will not access, reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, re-sell, visit, or otherwise exploit the Website (or any of the content therein including, without limitation, any Consumer Content or any profiles of VRV members) or Services for any commercial or other purpose without the express written consent of VRV.
- VRV does not endorse and is not responsible or liable for any Consumer Content, Service Provider Content (“SP Content,” as defined below), data, advertising, products, goods or services available or unavailable from, or through, VRV. The statements, information and ratings contained in any Consumer Content are solely the opinion of the Consumer submitting such Consumer Content and do not reflect the opinion of VRV or any of its affiliates or subsidiaries or any of their respective owners, managers, officers, employees, agents, or representatives.
- The Company acknowledges and understands that VRV simply acts as a passive conduit and an interactive computer provider for the publication and distribution of Consumer Content and SP Content. VRV does not have any duty or obligation to investigate the accuracy of Consumer Content or the quality of the work performed by the Company or any other Service Provider which is the subject of any Consumer Content. By using the Services, the Company agrees that it is solely the Company’s responsibility to evaluate the Company’s risks associated with the use, accuracy, usefulness, completeness, appropriateness, or legality of any information, responses, writings, or other materials that the Company submits, transmits, or otherwise conveys through the Services (collectively, “SP Content”).
- Under no circumstances will VRV be liable in any way for any Consumer Content or SP Content including, but not limited to, any Consumer Content or SP Content that contains, errors, omissions or defamatory statements, or for any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of the use of any Consumer Content or SP Content submitted, accessed, transmitted, or otherwise conveyed via the Services or otherwise.
- The Company hereby waives any claims, rights, or actions that it may have against VRV or any of its affiliates or subsidiaries with respect to any Consumer Content or SP Content and releases VRV and each of its affiliates and subsidiaries from any and all liability for or relating to Consumer Content or SP Content.
- The Company agrees to indemnify and hold VRV and each of its affiliates and subsidiaries and their respective owners, managers, officers, employees, agents or representatives harmless for any damages that may arise, directly or indirectly, from any claim or right it may have against VRV with respect to any statements made by a Consumer or Consumer Content submitted by a Consumer which is communicated, posted or published by VRV on its Website or to a third party.
- The Company acknowledges and agrees that the Company can neither require VRV to place the Company on its Website nor remove the Company or any Consumer Content from its Website. The Company further acknowledges and understands that the Company is not a Consumer of VRV, cannot refer to itself as a Consumer of VRV, and is not afforded the same access to the Website as a Consumer nor the benefits afforded to a Consumer.
- The Company and its current or former owners, current or former employees or officers, family members, or current or former partners, investors, managers, directors, or other agents (collectively, the “Affiliated Persons”) may not submit Consumer Content to VRV on the Company. The Company hereby acknowledges and agrees that to the extent an Affiliated Person has submitted or posted any Consumer Content on the Company or any company or person competitive to the Company or believes that Consumer Content was posted by an Affiliated Person, VRV may immediately remove such Consumer Content without notice or recourse against VRV.
- SP Content shall not contain any unauthorized content which includes but is not limited to:
- Offensive, harmful, and/or abusive language including, without limitation: expletives, profanities, obscenities, harassment, vulgarities, sexually explicit language, and hate speech (e.g., racist/discriminatory speech.);
- Comments that do not address the Consumer Content or comments with no qualitative value as determined by VRV in its sole discretion;
- Content that contains personal attacks or describes physical confrontations and/or sexual harassment;
- Messages that are advertising or commercial in nature or are inappropriate based on the applicable subject matter;
- Language that violates the standards of good taste or the standards of the Website, as determined by VRV in its sole discretion;
- Content determined by VRV, in its sole discretion, to be illegal or to violate any federal, state, or local law or regulation or the rights of any other person or entity;
- Language intended to impersonate other users (including names of other individuals) or to be offensive or inappropriate user names or signatures; and/or
- Content that is not in English, that is encrypted, or that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time bombs, cancelbots, or other computer programming routines that are intended to damage, interfere with, intercept, or appropriate any system, data, or personal information.
- The Company acknowledges and agrees that VRV in its sole discretion may remove without notice any SP Content or any portion thereof that VRV believes violates the foregoing terms, policies, or standards.
- VRV may suspend, restrict, or terminate the Company’s use of the Services or any portion thereof if the Company breaches or fails to comply with any of the Terms and Conditions of this Agreement.
- Although VRV does not claim ownership of any SP Content or other communications or materials submitted by or given by the Company to VRV, by providing SP Content for the Website or other mediums, the Company automatically grants, and the Company represents and warrants that the Company has the right to grant, to VRV an irrevocable, perpetual, non-exclusive, fully paid, worldwide license to use, copy, perform, display, reproduce, adapt, modify, and distribute such SP Consent and to prepare derivative works of, or incorporate into other works, such SP Content, and to grant and to authorize sublicenses (through multiple tiers) of the foregoing. In addition, by providing VRV with SP Content, the Company automatically grants VRV all rights necessary to prohibit the subsequent aggregation, display, copying, duplication, reproduction, or exploitation of SP Content on the Website or in any other medium by any other party. No compensation will be paid with respect to VRV’s use of SP Content. VRV is under no obligation to post or use any SP Content or maintain SP Content. VRV may remove SP Content at any time in VRV.s sole discretion.
- It is the Company’s sole responsibility to review and monitor any Consumer Content regarding the Company that is posted by Consumers and to submit responses it deems necessary to any Consumer Content. VRV does not have any obligation to provide a notice or update to the Company with respect to any new information or Consumer Content that it learns of or receives about the Company from its Consumers.
- The Company has the sole responsibility of updating any and all of its information on the Website including, without limitation, the Company’s description and profile information.
- The Company agrees not to use or cause any robot, bot, spider, other automatic device, or computer program routine or manual process to monitor, duplicate, take, obtain, transfer, modify, use, reproduce, aggregate, or copy VRV, any Consumer Content, any Consumer profiles, SP Content (including SP profiles) or any other content contained on the Website or any other publication of VRV. You shall not use or cause any device, software, or routine to interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper working of the Website.
- The Company hereby represents and warrants to VRV that (a) all information provided to VRV by the Company is true, complete, and accurate in all respects, and (b) the Company is authorized to submit information to VRV. VRV is authorized by the Company to rely upon the truthfulness, completeness, and accuracy of SP Content in order to serve its Consumers.
- The Company acknowledges that the Website uses one or more website analytic services which may record mouse clicks, mouse movements, scrolling activity, and text entered into the Website by users. These services do not collect personally identifiable information that is not voluntarily entered into the Website by the user. VRV uses the information collected by these Service Providers to improve the usability and other features of the Website. Users may choose to disable these tracking services. VRV will provide links to tracking services’ websites to facilitate opting out if a request is made to VRV in writing and if it is reasonably within VRV’s ability to facilitate such action.
- The Company acknowledges that VRV will use the telephone numbers, email addresses, and facsimile numbers that are submitted to VRV in connection with registering with VRV to contact the Company with information regarding VRV. VRV agrees not to sell, trade, rent, or share such information with any third parties. By providing a wireless phone number to VRV, the Company agrees that VRV may call or send text messages to the wireless phone number for any purpose, including marketing purposes, using all methods now known and discovered in the future including, but not limited to, auto-dialers, pre-recordings, and general telemarketing practices. The Company agrees that these calls or text messages may be regarding the products and/or services that the Company has previously purchased and products and/or services that VRV may market to You. The Company acknowledges that this consent may be removed upon request.
- To the extent a third party posts or submits any SP Content or manages the Company’s profile or information on the Website, the Company hereby acknowledges and agrees that the Company shall remain fully responsible for any SP Content or information posted or submitted by such third party.
- The Company agrees, unless expressly authorized by VRV, not to access, copy, duplicate, use, reproduce, alter, modify, create derivative works, display, sell, re-sell, advertise, or market with or otherwise exploit for any commercial, educational, or other purpose any Consumer Content, any Consumer profiles, any SP profiles, or any other content from the Website or VRV including, without limitation, any reviews or ratings or any other content contained in any Consumer Content.
- VRV is the owner and/or authorized user of any trademark and/or service mark including, without limitation, the names “Veterans Referring Veterans” and one or more abbreviations thereof appearing on the Website and is copyright owner or licensee of the content and/or information on the Website. By placing them on the Website, VRV does not grant the Company any license or other authorization to copy or use its trademarks, service marks, copyrighted material, or other intellectual property, except as provided herein.
- VRV reserves the right to exercise any rights or remedies which may be available to it against the Company if the Terms and Conditions of this Agreement are violated by the Company. These remedies include, but are not limited to, revocation of (a) any service awards previously awarded and any associated license therewith, (b) advertising privileges, (c) use of the Services, or (d) appearances on the Website and/or any other appearances in any VRV publication, and the Company agrees that the exercise of one remedy shall not preclude the availability of any other remedy.
- The Company understands and agrees that because damages resulting from the Company’s breach of this Agreement are difficult to calculate, if it becomes necessary for VRV to pursue legal action to enforce the Terms and Conditions of this Agreement, the Company will be liable to pay VRV the following amounts as liquidated damages, which the Company accepts as reasonable estimates of VRV’s damages for the specified breaches of this Agreement:
- If the Company posts SP Content in violation of this Agreement, the Company agrees to promptly pay VRV One Thousand Dollars ($1,000) for each item of SP Content posted in violation of this Agreement. VRV may (but is not required to) issue the Company a warning before assessing damages.
- If the Company exploits for any purpose (commercial or otherwise) any Consumer Content, profiles of VRV members, or any other information contained on the Website including, without limitation, ratings and/or reviews in violation of this Agreement, the Company agrees to pay Five Thousand Dollars ($5,000) per report, record or review exploited.
- If the Company uses or causes any robot, bot, spider, other automatic device or computer program routine, or any manual process to monitor, duplicate, take, aggregate, obtain, modify, use, reproduce, or copy any Consumer Content, any profiles of VRV members, SP content (including SP profiles) or any other content contained on the Website or in any other publication of VRV, the Company agrees to pay One Hundred Dollars ($100) for each report, record, review, or other information that is monitored, duplicated, transferred, taken, obstructed, modified, used, reproduced, aggregated, or copied.
- Except as set forth in the foregoing subparagraphs (a) through (c), inclusive, the Company
agrees to pay the actual damages suffered by VRV to the extent such actual damages can be reasonably calculated.
- Notwithstanding any other provision of this Agreement, the Company reserves the right to seek the remedy of specific performance of any term contained herein, or a preliminary or permanent injunction against the breach of any such term, or in aid of the exercise of any power granted in this Agreement, or any combination thereof.
- THE COMPANY EXPRESSLY UNDERSTANDS AND AGREES THAT VRV WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE, COMPENSATORY, CONSEQUENTIAL OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES (EVEN IF VRV HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES) (COLLECTIVELY, “DAMAGES”) RESULTING FROM: (A) THE USE OR INABILITY TO USE THE SERVICES; (B) THE COST OF ANY GOODS AND/OR SERVICES PURCHASED OR OBTAINED AS A RESULT OF THE USE OF THE SERVICES; (C) DISCLOSURE OF, UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO, OR ALTERATION OF YOUR INFORMATION OR SP CONTENT; (D) SP CONTENT THE COMPANY MAY SUBMIT, RECEIVE, ACCESS, TRANSMIT, OR OTHERWISE CONVEY THROUGH THE SERVICES OR THIS AGREEMENT; (E) STATEMENTS OR CONDUCT OF ANY CONSUMER OR OTHER THIRD PARTY THROUGH THE SERVICES; (F) ANY OTHER MATTER RELATING TO THE SERVICES; (G) ANY BREACH OF THIS AGREEMENT BY VRV OR THE FAILURE OF VRV TO PROVIDE THE SERVICES UNDER THIS AGREEMENT; (H) ANY CONSUMER CONTENT POSTED; OR (I) ANY OTHER DEALINGS OR INTERACTIONS THE COMPANY HAS WITH ANY SERVICE PROVIDER (OR ANY OF THEIR REPRESENTATIVES OR AGENTS). THESE LIMITATIONS SHALL APPLY TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. IN SOME JURISDICTIONS, LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY ARE NOT PERMITTED. IN SUCH JURISDICTIONS, SOME OF THE FOREGOING LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO THE COMPANY.
- TO THE EXTENT VRV IS FOUND LIABLE FOR ANYTHING RELATED TO THIS AGREEMENT OR THE USE OF THE SERVICES, VRV’S LIABILITY FOR DAMAGES WILL NOT EXCEED ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS ($100.00).
- This Agreement and the relationship between the Company and VRV will be governed by the internal laws of the State of Colorado, notwithstanding the choice of law provisions or conflict of law analysis of the venue where any action is brought, where the violation occurred, where the Company may be located, or any other jurisdiction. The Company agrees and consents to the exclusive jurisdiction of the state or federal courts located in El Paso County, Colorado and waives any defense of lack of personal jurisdiction or improper venue or forum non conveniens to a claim brought in such court, except that VRV may elect, in its sole discretion, to litigate the action in the county or state where any breach by the Company occurred or where the Company can be found. The Company agrees that regardless of any statute or law to the contrary, any claim or cause of action arising out of or related to Your use of the Service or this Agreement shall be filed within one (1) year after such claim or cause of action arose or will forever be barred.
- In the event this Agreement is terminated, certain provisions of this Agreement will continue to remain in effect including, but not limited to, Section 3, Sections 5 through 9, and Sections 20 through 35, inclusive.
- The Company agrees to indemnify and hold harmless VRV and each of its affiliates and subsidiaries and each of their respective owners, officers, agents, managers, partners, employees, and representatives from any loss, liability, claim, or demand, including reasonable attorneys’ fees (whether incurred in enforcing this Agreement or otherwise), made by any third party due to or arising out of the Company’s use of VRV.
- VRV may modify or restate the Terms and Conditions of this Agreement and such modification(s) will be effective immediately upon being posted on the Website. VRV will make note of the date of the last update to the Agreement on the first page of this Agreement. The Company is responsible for reviewing these terms and conditions regularly. The Company’s continued use of the Services after such modifications will be deemed to be the Company’s conclusive acceptance of all modifications to this Agreement.
- The Company agrees that VRV shall be entitled to payment from the Company for any and all out-of-pocket costs including, without limitation, attorneys’ fees incurred by VRV in connection with enforcing these Terms and Conditions and this Agreement or otherwise.
- The Services may be subject to limitations, delays, and other problems inherent in the use of the internet and electronic communications. VRV is not responsible for any delays, failures, or other damage resulting from such problems.
- This Agreement may not be re-sold or assigned by the Company. If the Company assigns or tries to assign this Agreement, such assignment or attempted assignment will be void and unenforceable. It will not be considered a waiver of VRV’s rights if VRV fails to enforce any of the Terms and Conditions of this Agreement against the Company. In the event a court finds a provision in this Agreement not to be valid, the Company and VRV agree that such court should incorporate a similar provision that would be considered valid, with all other provisions remaining valid in the Agreement. No joint venture, partnership, employment, or agency relationship exists between the Company and VRV as a result of this Agreement or use of the Services.
- The person agreeing to this Agreement and the Terms and Conditions on behalf of the Company hereby represents and warrants that he/she has the power and authority to bind the Company and that this Agreement and the Terms and Conditions constitute a valid and binding agreement of the Company.
- IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO ALL OF THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THIS AGREEMENT, YOU MUST NOT USE THE SERVICES. BY USING THE SERVICES, YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU HAVE READ AND UNDERSTOOD THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THIS AGREEMENT AND YOU AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS.